Green Homes is a team of carpenters, project managers, and tradesmen committed to sustainable building practices.
Our goal is to work with clients and architects to build energy efficient homes using environmentally friendly materials and methods.
Regardless of how “green” our customers want to go you can trust that we will maintain the following building practices:
- On site recycling station. Metal, plastic, cardboard, and glass will have dedicated containers for recycling
- Low/No VOC paint and finishes, glues and carpets
- Energy star windows, mechanicals and appliances
- All materials that can be salvaged in the demolition phase will be donated or put at our free sign, including door, windows, cabinets, and appliances
- Recycled cement-based exterior trim
- All projects are insulated and air sealed to the highest standards
- Engineered and precut framing lumber to reduce scrap and waste
- Passive solar design to accommodate natural sunlight and shade from the natural setting
- Advanced framing practices such as 2’ on center
- Sustainable flooring – Bamboo, cork, reclaimed lumber